Limited Time Offer | Get 10% OFF on All Themes Package. Use Coupon Code GRC10 Buy Now

WordPress Website Templates

Find Professional WordPress themes Easy and Simple to Setup

inner banner

Sporting Pro – HTML structure ignored in excerpts on the home page

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Adam Libuša
    Participant

Hi! First of all, thanks for Sporting Pro, it’s a neat theme.

I installed the theme, added the “qTranslate-XT” and “Classic Editor” plugins. The content that is edited directly in the admin section is all fine. But when I edit something in the classic editor (pages, testimonials etc.), the theme ignores the HTML structure on the excerpts on the home page.

An example: instead of a content in an unordered list (ul), I see all the text clumped in one paragraph. When I click on the excerpt and open a page on a separate tab, the HTML structure is there and also appears correctly when I reopen the page in the editor. It seems to be the theme.

Is this a feature, a bug, or a configuration problem on my side?

Thanks a lot in advance for any hints.

Grace Support
    Keymaster

Hi,

The Excerpt function display only plain text content without any formatted text or HTML content.
    Please send your website URL and WordPress admin login details at [email protected] so we can check and assist you quickly.

Regards
    Grace Themes

Adam Libuša
    Participant

Ok, so it’s a feature. Is it possible to at least insert a newline? In the demo section “About Us”, there are two paragraphs, but if I understand it correctly, there is no way to achieve that with real data?

(Asking here instead of support, so that others can benefit from the answer.)

Grace Support
    Keymaster

The newline or line breaks is also ignored in the Excerpt function.

Adam Libuša
    Participant

Ok, I understand. Thank you for the confirmation.

Grace Support
    Keymaster

You are most welcome.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.