Get all our 20+ Elementor themes worth $609 at just $59! Limited time offer. Get It Now

WordPress Website Templates

Find Professional WordPress themes Easy and Simple to Setup

inner banner

Single page – bottom navigation – prior / next limit to category

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Lucius Douglas
    Participant

How can I limit the navigation on a single page to only go to previous or next articles within the current category of the post?

Here is a screenshot of a page display 2022 Newsletters:
    https://snipboard.io/rd1Zvu.jpg

As you can see, the previous post is Chaplain – P. L. Wilson MCL, Detachment #447 when we’d like it to display 2021 Newsletters. the next post is 2022 Minutes which we’d like it to display 2023 Newsletters. We don’t want any article to appear in the bottom navigation PREV/NEXT except for those within the category of the current article 2022 Newsletters which is ‘Newsletters’.

Grace Support
    Keymaster

Sorry , this settings are not available.

Lucius Douglas
    Participant

OK, I know there is no ‘setting’ but can I edit a file to accomplish this? If so, which file and what code?

Grace Support
    Keymaster

You can change the code to display Prev/next posts

Go to the Appearance -> Theme Editor -> inc/template-tags.php

check the code at line no 37 & 38

<?php previous_post_link( '<div class="nav-previous">%link</div>', '<span class="meta-nav">' . _x( '←', 'Previous post link', 'spangle-pro' ) . '</span> %title' ); ?>
    <?php next_post_link( '<div class="nav-next">%link</div>', '%title <span class="meta-nav">' . _x( '→', 'Next post link', 'spangle-pro' ) . '</span>' ); ?>

Regards
    Grace Themes

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.