Limited Time Offer | Get 10% OFF on All Themes Package. Use Coupon Code GRC10 Buy Now

WordPress Website Templates

Find Professional WordPress themes Easy and Simple to Setup

inner banner

Photo Gallery instructions

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Stan Frantz
    Participant

I was a little frustrated trying to use the built in photo gallery, and disappointed there was no mention of it in the documentation.
    As this is described as a portfolio site theme, I suggest that is a rather key element to explain how to use. 🙂

Being used to figuring out how to do things in WordPress in various themes, for many years, I eventually figured out to use the ‘featured image’ to add the image, but it’s again mysterious when you select Add Image and the only box available is to insert a name for it.

Additionally there really needs to be a way to bulk add images to a gallery from the media library. I have a client with 40 years experience designing amazing landscape installations for the rich and famous. It would take me days to add every image he has to galleries one at a time. If there is a way to do this, I’d really like to know!

P.S. I installed the NextGen gallery plugin as an alternative and it was very disappointing altho it allows bulk adding and gallery/album creation/organization but the imagebrowser doesn’t work at all. the lightbox effect works but is not customizable, the built in templates you get with free version are awful, so unless you buy their Pro version, it isn’t a good alternate, again IMHO. just thought I’d add that for anyone also trying to create photo galleries.

Thanks. I still love the theme though, nice and clean and the homepage sections are effective for this kind of site

Grace Themes

Hi,

Yes, it is not possible to bulk uploading of images for photo gallery. You will need to manually add the images.

To use the Photo gallery in your homepage or in any innerpage

First add some photo from Photo Gallery -> Add New
    To display gallery in homepage, Go to Appearance » Theme Options » Sections » Section 6
    Use this shortcode to display photo gallery: [photogallery filter=”true” show=”6″]
    Set filter=”false” to remove filter from gallery
    To use gallery in your page, add this shordcode in page content: [photogallery filter=”true” show=”6″]

Please check the documentation
    https://gracethemes.com/documentation/unifield-doc/#our-projects

Regards
    Grace Themes

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.