Limited Time Offer | Get 10% OFF on All Themes Package. Use Coupon Code GRC10 Buy Now

WordPress Website Templates

Find Professional WordPress themes Easy and Simple to Setup

inner banner

Grace Themes – PHP 8.0 problems – PHP 7.4 OK

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Lucius Douglas
    Participant

I’ve been having issues with Grace Theme templates on websites that runs PHP 8.0 or PHP 8.1. So on a hunch, I revered a website back to PHP 7.4 and VIOLA…it works!

So are Grace Themes unable to work under PHP 8.0 / 8.1?

Lucius Douglas
    Participant

So I installed the Grace Themes Creative World Pro theme and the showcase works fine under PHP 8.0.

I made changes to the Theme Options > Homepage Slider. Just replacing the images and the text.

Showcase had the same issues as the other theme under PHP 8.0. Screenshot: h t t p s: //snipboard.io/YX6uld.jpg

Notice there are 15 dots for individual slides but there are only 5 slides. Not sure what is up with that.

So I reverted the website back to PHP 7.4 and VIOLA…it works.
    Screenshot: h t t p s://snipboard.io/ndaHBT.jpg

This ‘truly’ blows my mind. Why would the default installed settings work fine under PHP 8.0 but once I make any changes, it doesn’t work under PHP 8.0 but does under PHP 7.4.

So I restored the default settings back to the installed theme settings and the page displays fine under PHP 7.4. Screenshot: h t t p s://snipboard.io/9NZusJ.jpg

I changed the website back to PHP 8.0 and refreshed the page. ARGH….it now has the same issue with the showcase not displaying properly and showing 12 dots!
    Screenshot: h t t p s//snipboard.io/JrbXV3.jpg

Note: There are only two plugins and I had disabled both so it’s not a conflict with a plugin.

Grace Support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please send your website URL and WordPress admin login details at [email protected] so we can check and assist you quickly.

Regards
    Grace Themes

Lucius Douglas
    Participant

Before I send any more credentials for any other websites, I want to regain access to the EnterpriseAcademyPA.com WordPress admin panel. I’m communicating via email with your team. At this point, it is a matter of trust.

Lucius Douglas
    Participant

OK, on this particular issue, I have sent an email with credentials and explanation.

Grace Support
    Keymaster

Thank you!

mparmaks
    Participant

What is the status of older themes as far as PHP 8.x are concerned?
    And what is the guidance? Is there a list or anything we can do to make them compatible?

Grace Support
    Keymaster

Hi mparmaks

Please write in details what problem you are getting in your website.

Regards
    Grace Themes

mparmaks
    Participant

This is the message I’m getting:
    Warning: Use of undefined constant target – assumed ‘target’ (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /homepages/14/d911959720/htdocs/clickandbuilds/IntelHatch411287/wp-content/themes/elevation-pro/inc/custom-functions.php on line 1143

Grace Support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please send your website URL and WordPress admin login details at [email protected] so we can check and assist you quickly.

Regards
    Grace Themes

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.