Get all our 20+ Elementor themes worth $609 at just $59! Limited time offer. Get It Now

WordPress Website Templates

Find Professional WordPress themes Easy and Simple to Setup

inner banner

Top Three Box Services Section – change text

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Michal Cukr
    Participant

How can I change the text in Box services section? I can only choose a particular page and image and text is extracted from the selected page then.

Grace Themes

Hi,

Their is no way to change the services section title. Whichever page you select, the services title will be from page title and image from its Featured Image.

Regards
    Grace Themes

Michal Cukr
    Participant

Hi,

I do not want to believe there is no way to change the texts. I would need to change the short text of each services section, not title. Is not possible to do via functions.php?

Grace Themes

To use different short text for each services section, you can use Text Excerpt function.
    And this will need to change some code.

Please send your website URL and WordPress admin login details at [email protected]
    We will check and make these changes on your website.

Regards
    Grace Themes

Michal Cukr
    Participant

Dear Grace Themes,

I have sent you to your email details of my website.

Thank you!

Grace Themes

Hi Michal,

The changes has been completed.
    I have added the option to set text excerpt for services pages.

1. Go to the Top Screen option and click on Excerpt checkbox
    2. Add your short description in Excerpt text area

I have added the dummy short text for services page for your reference.

Regards
    Grace Themes

Michal Cukr
    Participant

Dear support,

thanks a lot. It works, however, this page was only my testing workplace without google indexing. Now I have set the main installation on the page http://napocatku.cz/ You can see that the texts here are extracted directly from the pages, not excerpts which I added according to the wordpress documentation at https://codex.wordpress.org/Excerpt (in function.php of my childtheme)

Can you please tell me which settings is missing? I can send you login details if you need.

Thank you.

Grace Themes

Hi,

Last time I was changed the code in section-pagecolumn.php file for to display excerpt text in three column services section but the code is changes to the original one.

I have now again change the code in this file at line no. 59 to display the Excerpt text

Old code: <p><?php echo wp_trim_words( get_the_content(), of_get_option('pageboxlength'), '' ); ?></p>

New code: <?php the_excerpt(); ?>

Please don’t modify the code in section-pagecolumn.php file

Regards
    Grace Themes

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.