WordPress Website Templates

Find Professional WordPress themes Easy and Simple to Setup

inner banner

Online Consulting ProVersion: pro 1.1 – Section not appearing properly

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Lucius Douglas
    Participant

I have the proper set in the “Top Three Box Services Section” of the theme but it is not displaying properly.

Screenshots on Google Drive (note I removed the “h t t p s / /” as I posted earlier and it might have been rejected due to an embedded link.

Admin Page:
    drive.google.com/file/d/1CbHhpOYQw5304pFFOepjeMfirJYwg4rS/view?usp=drive_link

Front Page:
    drive.google.com/file/d/1CgyZ80zy_OpM0VO7yDgGsUq2LfI12n5a/view?usp=drive_link

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Luke

Grace Support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please send your website URL and WordPress admin login details at [email protected] so we can check and assist you quickly.

Regards
    Grace Themes

Lucius Douglas
    Participant

Credentials sent.

Grace Support
    Keymaster

ok, thanks

Lucius Douglas
    Participant

Email thread so others will understand the problem.

Support:
    The services section ordering issue is getting due to the ” Post Types Order ” plugin
    I have deactivated the plugin. Now the services section is looking fine

My Response:
    But now that affects the ability to order posts. Why in the world that plug-in would have ‘any’ effect on a theme is simply dumbfounding. Is there a workaround?

Support:
    The services section pages will display in the order which is set by the Post Types order plugin.

My Response:
    But why? One has absolutely nothing to do with the other. If your code is using WordPress functions to arrange the order, you need to change that. It’s logical. You stipulate which is the 1st section, which is the 2nd section and which is the 3rd section. A simple array would handle the order. Using default WordPress functionality to handle this brings conflicts such as this one into play. It’s NOT the way to handle it.

Now I have to figure out a way to list posts in the order the client wants without screwing up their home page. This is frustrating.

Listen, I’ve developed websites from scratch my first few years before changing to CMS platforms. I understand using shortcuts to save coding but this is not one that your website theme developers should have taken as WordPress default functions are constantly being altered by plugins for enhanced capabilities such as the Post Type Order plugin.

I recommend you add this to your list of functions to change.

Grace Support
    Keymaster

The “Post Types Order” plugin is conflicting so please deactivate it

Lucius Douglas
    Participant

Again, I understand I have to disable the ‘Post Types Order’ plugin.

But you haven’t answered the ‘true’ question. Why? Why you even have your themes using default WordPress functionality such as post order. This is fraught with problems.

Grace Support
    Keymaster

This plugin changed the order of the pages.

Lucius Douglas
    Participant

Again, as the warden said in “Cool Hand Luke”, what we have here is a failure to communicate.

Yes, I know that the Post Type Order plugin changes the order of your 3 box section on the Online Consulting ProVersion: pro 1.1 theme.

What I’m trying to impress on support is that this is a ‘terrible’ way to handle this. Themes shouldn’t use default WordPress functions just because of this potential conflict with plugins.

Your development team should change this to an array inside the theme settings. I have resisted reverse engineering any companies themes as that just brings in another level of hassle when logic should dictate how theme order is handled.

Let’s stop this thread right here. I won’t respond but I ‘highly’ encourage that your theme developers read this thread. I do like your themes and have purchased the lifetime package. But I will point out issues that shouldn’t be occurring such as this one.

Luke

Grace Support
    Keymaster

Thanks for point out this issue

I will contact with our development team for this post type order issue.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.