Limited Time Offer | Get 10% OFF on All Themes Package. Use Coupon Code GRC10 Buy Now

WordPress Website Templates

Find Professional WordPress themes Easy and Simple to Setup

inner banner

Making my Test Site Live

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    pgacccbass
    Participant

I am developing my site in the Charity Help Pro theme with the need to replace an existing, live WordPress website with this one. Both the currently live site and this new site live on the same web server as different sub domains. What would be the best way to replace the existing site with this new one, while retaining the images and documents saved on the existing site? Obviously, I can update the live site’s theme to be Charity Help Pro, but I don’t want to have to recreate all the settings, pages, etc. on the live site to match the new site I’m developing. What files or directories would need to be moved over to the live site sub domain to limit the amount of modifications I will need to get the live site back up and running and looking/performing like the new site, in the shortest amount of time?

Also, is there any way to set up Charity Help Pro to temporarily redirect to a static page, while I’m updating the live site? I was thinking I could change the theme of the current live site to Charity Help Pro, redirect the URL to go to a static page temporarily, then work in the background making the needed updates to get the original site looking like the one I developed in the Charity Help Pro theme in the separate subdomain.

Grace Support
    Keymaster

You need to move your site from subdomain to main live URL and also move the database.

It is not possible to temporarily redirect to a static page

pgacccbass
    Participant

Can you be more specific about what folders/files I need to move? I’m not very familiar with the file structure involved in WordPress sites and what is critical to have there to make it function correctly.

Thanks.

Grace Support
    Keymaster

Please move all file and folders from subdomain to main site. Please contact with your hosting service provider for more details.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.