Get all our 20+ Elementor themes worth $609 at just $59! Limited time offer. Get It Now

WordPress Website Templates

Find Professional WordPress themes Easy and Simple to Setup

inner banner

I can't configure a second language for static page

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Josef Severin
    Participant

Hi!
    I can’t configure a second language for the main static page. I am using the Polylang plugin. When you try to create a home page in a second language, a message appears: The chosen static front page must be translated in all languages.

Grace Themes

Hi,

Please use qTranslate X WordPress plugin to create your website in multiple language
    https://www.gracethemes.com/documentation/powerclub-doc/#multilingual

Regards
    Grace Themes

Josef Severin
    Participant

thank you very much!

Grace Themes

You are most welcome!

Galanto Ltd.
    Participant

Hi all!
    qTranslateX has not been maintained for several years and the author does not intend to resume his work on it, but it is already creating problems with the new versions of WordPress and SEO. Do you envisage any plugin that will make the first page compatible with Polylang? (I personally use PowerClub, a wonderful theme and I don’t want to part with it because of the multilingualism).
    Have a nice day!
    Tony

Grace Support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please use the updated qTranslateX plugin
    https://github.com/qtranslate/qtranslate-xt

Regards
    Grace Themes

Galanto Ltd.
    Participant

I could, but I wouldn’t want to 😉

In any case, I like your theme PowerClub so much that I might put up with the monolingual first static page at first, while someone else figures out how to do it if you don’t want to – I’m not a programmer.

Here is a screenshot of the difference in loading the site with qTranslate-XT and Polylang. Also, when I have qTranslate-XT there are problems with the SEO that I don’t see how I can solve – for example because both languages ​​are in the same document – I have to be able to address the same document to completely different target groups of people, even from different countries – metadata problems start, etc.

But even only the difference in loading speed itself is impressive, and I have been struggling with the low loading speed for several years and I have done everything possible to speed up the site – image optimization, delayed loading, gzip compression and what not – the sensitive difference appeared first time when I changed qTranslate-XT with Polylang.

Polylang also has drawbacks and difficulties in the beginning due to a completely different principle of operation, but I guess they will clear up over time, since Polylang is one of the most used plug-in for this purpose.

The transition to it was not easy either, but the result is worth it.

Grace Support
    Keymaster

It is not possible to translate the homepage sections text content with Polylang plugin.

Galanto Ltd.
    Participant

I do not think so. There are no impossible things for you. If you wanted, you would do it and you will have the most quoted themes in the world of WordPress. There are many other, also specific static first page themes that have already made them compatible with Polylang – are you more incompetent than competing companies? I do not believe!
    Have a nice day and good luck!
    Tony

Grace Support
    Keymaster

That’s right, but the shortcodes is not available in Polylang plugin as like the qTranslate-X to translate the homepage sections text content, slider title/description and other button texts.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.