Church Theme – several questions
- This topic has 9 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 3 years, 6 months ago by Grace Themes.
September 11, 2019 at 5:15 pm #17489
I got my site working, but have a few questions, see https://www.stmatthewsipswich.org.uk/
1) Home page does not respect Settings-Reading-YourHomePageDisplays, ie whether set to “Your latest posts” or “A static page” (in my case a Test Page) the /welcome page won’t display, just redirects to the home page. It had been set as /welcome but I cannot change it back!
2) How can I add links ( ) within the content of a section? I’ve tried the subtitle and aboutme shortcodes.
a) can I remove the gap of icon if I use the aboutme shortcode?
3) Is it possible to change the Heading of the /our-team page to read “Our team” or “Meet our team”? currently says “Archives” which isn’t very meaningful
4) Home page sections don’t display until the user scrolls, so testers have missed content.
5) Featured Images, don’t display in at the top of pages, although the help says they will http://gracethemesdemo.com/documentation/the-church/#innerpage-banner
JonathanSeptember 12, 2019 at 4:44 am #17503
Please send your website URL and WordPress admin login details for temporary at email@example.com so we can check and solve all of these issues quickly.
Grace ThemesSeptember 12, 2019 at 7:06 pm #17525
The first was probably a caching issue, as it now works fine.
I’d appreciate an explanation of the changes, by email if not here
JSeptember 13, 2019 at 4:59 am #17536
We will check and get back to you ASAP.
Grace ThemesSeptember 13, 2019 at 7:20 am #17542
On the theme generally I am really pleased that the shortcodes work across the site, that has enabled me to put a contact form on a regular page rather than using the custom template with no sidebar.
How do I use font awesome icons in a normal page?
couple of other general queries:
Why does the browser say the site is “Parts of this page are not secure (such as images)” or “Connection to this site is not fully secure” ?
Any advice on how to reduce the size of the headers on mobile? The whole landing screen is header (!) as the elements are stacked, but there is whitespace to the side.
JSeptember 14, 2019 at 4:56 am #17570
1. You can use any plugin to display Font Awesome Icons in your pages.
2. I have solved the issue of Secure SSL by changing the image path from http:// to https://
3. I have reduced the height of header section in mobile device.
Grace ThemesSeptember 16, 2019 at 8:53 pm #17618
Thanks so much for swift helpful support. The SSL problem had me really scratching my head!
Everyone loves the new site, this theme has made it easy – thank you.September 17, 2019 at 4:07 am #17626
You are most welcome.!September 19, 2019 at 10:46 am #17692Mathew NyangauParticipant
I need some help to upload my church pro theme and do few customization, I need some helpSeptember 20, 2019 at 5:07 am #17715
Please install and activating the theme on your site and then setup homepage using following
1. Go to Settings -> Reading -> Front page displays
2. Click on radio button of Your latest posts
3. Go to Appearance -> Theme Options and click on Restore Defaults in bottom side
Please check the documentation to install, setup and customize the theme
If you are getting any problem in theme installation or setup, kindly send us your website URL and WordPress admin login details at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will setup the theme on your website.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.