It doesn’t matter which kind of business you opt, but you need a fair amount of traffic to gain profit. Although it is quite tough to do the same when you are a startup, but following few tactics can help a lot to improve your click through rates. If we talk of the web development platforms, WordPress is the most preferred CMS because of the indefinite features which it possess. If you just made a WordPress website live, then getting relevant traffic will be your next target. It is a necessary task, but needs certain protocols to be followed to generate satisfactory results at the end.
Traffic does not mean only void links. These links must be relevant, or precisely, it must give you business in return. It means, those who are reaching you, must be interested in availing services from you. Else, only increasing the count is not going to give you any advantage. Practically, any user will reach you if and only if, he finds your website appealing enough. This sounds really simple, but inhibits so many factors to be followed.
How a WordPress Website Can be Made Appealing?
The WordPress website which you have made for your business cannot start benefiting you after being live. There is so much beyond it which you have to do, in course of getting a noticeable traffic. Below facts can be keenly observed and then implemented in the way your website demands.
- Content is the king of your website. So start from polishing it. Be informative, along with maintaining a decent look and feel. Organize the stuff into small paragraphs with proper pause in between. Don’t make the users feel dull and leave your post in between. Also, use standard font color and size along with a professional theme and color combination which relate to your business. You only want to allow users to come and read. So, do not treat designing like an art.
- Make proper use of keywords within the content. It is a gateway to come at a good place in SERP. Moreover, users wants to see you when they search for related product and service. So, use keywords in your source code as well, to get noticed by search engines first, and then by your deserving crowd.
- Use SEO plugins for the better web presence. Plugins like Yoast make your site search engine friendly and you will receive immense organic traffic from the search engines.
- Internal linking is one more good habit to make your website hold visitors for long. This is actually a very basic but crucial aspect of SEO. Even if the users comes to you, and they will go back in seconds, it is a negative factor for you. This heavy bounce rate can be reduced by making related links of your blog posts and website. Users can reach to a new link from one of your page, and can get something more relevant. This certainly can increase visitor’s retention time. There are few plugins as well which can solve the above purpose of linking in WordPress websites.
- Email marketing is also a useful concept in today’s online era which heavily depends on promotion. Via emails, you can continue a healthy communication with those visitors who visited your site and leave it after spending little time, without any further inquiry. It is an efficient way to directly target your site visitors, as an opportunity to get them back in the form of lifelong customers.
- Social sharing is also a drilling factor to generate healthy traffic. Those who see your link on the social profile will share it, if find it relevant. It will probably be shared within the network of their friends and other available groups. It is an effective method which can enhance user’s engagement at your site in a positive way.
- Your old posts are a good resource for traffic generation. Keep an eye on them, add informative videos, interactive images, compelling graphics and data-rich statistics to grab user’s attention. Share it as well, as none of your content must be left less focused.
Your WordPress website can reach heights of success if you follow above tactics in it. A good traffic only demands a great visibility, which comes from a great content, proper balance in keyword and link usage within the posts, and its enough sharing. If the above factors are kept at priority, your website will behave surprisingly good.