You have heard of several of your blogger friends starting their blogs on WordPress. What you might not know, however, is that WordPress has also evolved to become the most popular Content Management System (CMS) used to create websites of all kinds, not just host blogs. Almost one in every four sites today is hosted on WordPress. We would want to know why.
- Websites for Dummies: WordPress is very simple to use, even for a person who is not hiring the services of a professional website builder but trying to do it by himself. The only thing that would need external help is the design of the website so that all interactive elements can be incorporated into it.
- Optimized for Search Engines: The process of website creation in WordPress uses the techniques that make it very likely for the website to feature on the top of the page of a search engine result. WordPress provides plugins which can be added on to the site to manage the search engine optimization (SEO) efforts regarding appropriate metadata, headings, descriptions, titles, etc.
- Elements of Design: WordPress incorporates features which aid a smart web design for your website. Like the SEO friendly plugins, we spoke about earlier; they also provide plugins for things like embedding forms on some of your pages, providing sign-up options for users, or even a tool that caches browser details and therefore speeds up the working of the website.
- Community Help: WordPress is more than a decade old, and therefore has built up a close-knit community of users and experts. There are some internet forums and help websites where a DIY developer can seek queries regarding his website.
- Multiple Admins: When you build a website using WordPress, the administrator privileges need not be with one person, and you have the capability of assigning separate user ids and passwords to multiple administrators.
- Better Resource Allocation: WordPress is an open source platform for website development, so you do not pay anything for using it. You can better utilize your money for engaging web design experts or a SEO Agency who can get your website a better look and more traction.
We spoke a little while ago of the different plugins that WordPress provides, which make the website design easier and makes the website more useful to both webmaster and user. Let us take a quick look at the most useful plugins that WordPress offers for web design :
- SEO Plugin (Yoast): This plugin by Yoast is the top plugin used by web designers to make the website friendlier to search engines. Not only does it enhance the RSS feeds of the site, but it has several other useful features to optimize the content on your website.
- Open Graph: This plugin plugs into the power of social media to power your website’s effectiveness. It can allow you to add metadata from Facebook for any of your posts there.
- Hello Bar: Your webpage would have several pages, but from a transactional point of view you might be more interested in viewers visiting and spending time on certain pages. The Hello Bar at the top of your page allows you to do just that.
- Content Copy Protection: You have put in a lot of time and effort to create a unique website that you believe will draw in users and encourage them to use your website. But there are hundreds of people out there who won’t think twice before copying the content of your site. This plugin has the capability of some of the common ways in which we copy text, like drag and drop, or right click, or hold to copy.
- SEO Crawlytics: You would always want to make your website very friendly to search engines. But it would be more useful to you if you could also know which the search engines that visited your website were. This can help you make changes to your site accordingly. Different statistics and analysis like peak crawl times, most crawled this plugin provides pages, crawl history and more.
These are just five plugins we named as an example, but there are several more from WordPress which can be used on your website.
We spoke about the ease of use of WordPress, and also about the presence of plugins which make web design simpler and more efficient.
There are enough resources for someone to build their websites. But sometimes, it is a better idea to give the work of web design and web development to a professional search latest website design trends who can do your job for you, while you can spend your time and energy on building and growing your business.