There’s a lot of work that goes into building a great website, and unbeknownst to many, most of that work happens on WordPress. Since its release in May 2003, WordPress has emerged as the most popular platform for building websites.
According to Web Technology SurveyW3Techs, WordPress has a market share of 60.8% of the total internet! It is also the quickest growing content management system since May 2019.
The greatest thing about the platform is that it is feature-rich and gives you all that you need to build a great site. On top of that, WordPress plugins allow you to take it one step further and use tools to address your specific needs, whether it’s functionality, speed, or user experience.
From helping you handle unwanted spam to powering your website chatbot to making sure your SEO is on point, there is a multitude of things that plugins for WordPress website can help you do.
Think of your website as a continuously progressing work of art. While it may look pretty great after you’re first done with, you need some more paint and a few extra brushes to make it a masterpiece truly.
WordPress plugins are exactly like these different brushes that you use to make your canvas better. However, there are thousands of WordPress Plugins to choose from. So how do you know which are the best website plugins for WordPress?
Let’s take a look at some of the must-have plugins for WordPress website. These are the best tools around and are being used by millions across the world to provide their visitors with better website experience.
Let’s start with one of the most popular plugins for a WordPress website. Having been around since 2008, Yoast SEO has been helping content creators get the most traction out of their website content. It will help you keep your website in touch with search engine trends so that you place high on the list every single time.
Yoast SEO offers both a free and a premium version with highly coveted features available for both.
- Advanced XML sitemaps
- Full control over site breadcrumbs
- Content and SEO analysis
- Snippet Preview
- Insights Tool (Premium)
- Synonyms and Related Catchphrases (Premium)
- Automatic Internal Linking Suggestions (Premium)
- Email Support (Premium)
- Higher Visibility
- Better Branding
- Easy to create SEO-friendly content
- Preview pages before going live
Any company that takes the content marketing efforts seriously and want to utilize SEO as an important aspect of their marketing strategy.
Broken Link Checker
One of the worst things that a visitor can come across while browsing through your website is a broken link. Broken Link Checker can help you make sure that they never see the message ‘Error 404- Page not found’. It monitors your content for broken links and quickly notifies you so you can replace them.
- Monitors links in your pages, posts and comments
- Detects links that don’t work
- Dashboard or e-mail notifications
- Make changes straight from the plugin
- Easily change broken links
- Create a better user experience
- Ensure all content on the website is fresh and up-to-date
Websites with an extensive repository of content and which rely heavily on back-linking and want their customers to spend more time browsing through their website content.
ProProfs Live Chat Software
Making your website SEO-friendly will get more people to visit your website, but adding a free WordPress chat plugin will help them stay there. ProProfs is considered by many to be one of the best WordPress chat plugins.This live chat software can help your website connect with a visitor in real-time. It can help you collect valuable information and assess whether they are interested in your product, thus helping generate quality leads.
- Chat Routing
- Chat Greetings
- Canned Responses
- Chat Reports & Analytics
- Visitor Monitoring
- Pre-chat and Post-chat form
- Better customer support
- Interact with the customer
- Generate Leads
- Boost conversions and sales
- Help improve your brand image
This free WordPress chat plugin is a great choice for companies who are looking to quickly generate leads and provide support by interacting better with the customer through their website.
Forms, polls, surveys, and quizzes are all great ways to improve the user experience of your website. A ‘Contact Us’ form is probably the most essential, as it helps visitors contact you. In this regard, Everest Forms is a highly recommended website plugin for WordPress. It offers a dynamic yet user-friendly tool that can help you generate any form with absolute ease.
- Create unlimited forms without any restrictions
- Drag and Drop Form fields
- Supports all commonly used form fields
- 100% responsive form template
- Short-code support
- Smart Tags for a dynamic email message, subject and more.
- View Form entries from your dashboard
- Quick Form Preview option
- CSV exporter for entries
- Google Recaptcha Supported
- Editable successful form submission and form validation message
- Redirect option after submission
- Translation ready
- Creates a more interactive user experience
- Helps collect customer information faster
- Aids in lead evaluation and generation
- Easier for the visitor to explain their needs
The plugin can help any website which wants to be more interactive with the customer and get as much information out of them as possible without having to resort to personal communication.
The internet is not a very safe place, and it’s not enough to have your website up and running on WordPress. You also need a tool that can help save your site from all the dark forces that could jeopardize it! Jetpack is a great tool to help make your site secure, and it also offers multiple features that can even help improve how it performs.
- Brute-force attack protection
- Spam filtering
- Downtime monitoring
- Your entire site backs-up either once daily or in real time
- An optional two-factor authentication with secure login
- Malware scanning, code scanning, and automated threat resolution
- Site accelerator tools
- Advanced site stats and analytics
- Hundreds of professional themes
- Better security for your website
- Easier to manage the site
- Prevent malware attack
- Cut down on spam
- Reduced risk of hacking
Any official company website ought to have a security tool, and Jetpack is one of the must-have plugins for a WordPress website.
These are some of the best plugins available on WordPress and hence should cover most of your basic needs. When it comes to lead generation and attracting customers, these tools help you set up your SEO, chatbot, contact form and more, while the latter most will ensure that your website is protected from outside attack.
But don’t take our word for it! Try them out for yourself and see for yourself what these website plugins for WordPress can do.