Limited Time Offer | Get 10% OFF on All Themes Package. Use Coupon Code GRC10 Buy Now

WordPress Website Templates

Find Professional WordPress themes Easy and Simple to Setup

inner banner

The Church – Contact form Character Set

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Michael Wells
    Participant

Might I make a suggestion to improve the functionality of the Contact Form.

I have noticed that when users of your contact form input non-latin characters sets into the various input fields (i.e. Greek and Russian in the case of our website) that the received email generates gibberish.

The fix to this problem is quite simple having tested it myself:
    Change the following code – /wp-content/themes/the-church/inc/custom-functions.php line 609
    from
    $headers .= “Content-type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1\r\n”;
    to
    $headers .= “Content-type: text/html; charset=UTF-8\r\n”;

Using the UTF-8 character set is pretty standard in most email systems and allows for non-latin character sets to be sent over email systems.

(NB: If one makes this change by manually editing The Church theme’s custom-functions.php file as I did, it would only work until a future theme update replaces the file, assuming this fix is not adopted by Grace Themes, otherwise – happy days! The alternative might be a child-theme as editing the original theme files is usually discouraged.)

Elsewhere, I might also suggest that the placeholder values (i.e. Name, Email, etc.) have an * symbol placed after values that are required input values (i.e. all input fields except the Website field), which is also the usual formatting used in form fields.

Yours sincerely,
    Michael Wells

Grace Support
    Keymaster

Thanks for your suggestion

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.