Limited Time Offer | Get 10% OFF on All Themes Package. Use Coupon Code GRC10 Buy Now

WordPress Website Templates

Find Professional WordPress themes Easy and Simple to Setup

inner banner

Social Icons in The Church Theme

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    BrianC
    Participant

How do I change the text displayed when hovering over the social icons on my site which uses The Church theme. For instance, the text displayed when hovering over the Facebook icon says “fab fa-facebook-f”. I would like to set the text displayed myself.

You can see this in action on our website at https://www.celllifechurch.org and hover over any social icons in the header or footer.

Brian E. Conklin
    (Pr|T)eaching Team Leader
    Cell Life Church

Grace Themes

Hi,

We can’t change the text displayed when hovering over the social icons as it is displaying the name of Font Awesome Icon. However you can remove the text from being displayed

Go to the Appearance -> Editor -> inc/custom-functions.php
    at line no. 572 you will get the below code
    return '<a href="'.$link.'" target="_blank" class="'.$icon.'" title="'.$icon.'"></a>';

Just change it to
    return '<a href="'.$link.'" target="_blank" class="'.$icon.'"></a>';

Please do this changes and let me know if you have any question.

Regards
    Grace Themes

BrianC
    Participant

Thank you. Yes, that removed the floating text of the Fontawesome icon name. However, it was line 571. I also had to edit it manually and reupload the file. When trying to use the editor under the Appearance menu, it would not save. The file was emptied.

Thank you again,
    Brian

Grace Themes

Hi,

Please send your website URL and WordPress admin login details for temporary at [email protected]
    We will check this emptied file issue.

Regards
    Grace Themes

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.